User Experience Strategist - Enterprise Customer Experience
Posted on May 3 Northbrook, IL 268 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate UX is a team of creative problem solvers and enthusiasts in human-centered design. We are UX architects, content writers, researchers, strategists and interactive visual designers. Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
• You'll break new ground to create innovative solutions that live into our customer value proposition.
• You’ll work in a collaborative environment that builds you up and supports long-term growth in your skills and career.
• You’ll contribute to systems and products that have a real impact on our business and on the millions of people who use our designs.
We build products to help protect people from life’s uncertainties. Are you up to the challenge?
Allstate is on an aggressive path to transform the business and drive growth through a focus on customer needs and expectations. This means delivering a simple, affordable, connected and empowering, experience to each customer, exceeding their expectations with every interaction.
The UX strategist will play a key role in supporting a newly-created marketing team focusing on enterprise customer experience. Together, the team will define and implement an enterprise-wide customer experience strategy, metrics and governance approach to drive loyalty, retention and meaningful interactions throughout the customer journey.
• Inspire and develop future customer experience vision for the enterprise, expressed through customer experience standards, journey maps, concepts, and any other educational tools that we believe can move the enterprise forward.
• Partner with journey teams and business partners to design future-focused, human-centered, best-in-class customer experiences.
• Lead and monitor rollout and adoption of customer experience standards across Allstate customer journeys, channels, and market-facing businesses to ensure the enterprise is building toward a unified vision of our customer experience.
• Foster insights-driven thinking. Apply qualitative and quantitative customer insights in all our work. Commission or conduct additional research when needed.
• Contribute to building an enterprise-level journey map operations practice.
• Support team in developing, implementing and facilitating an enterprise CX governance model.
• Navigate receiving feedback and guidance from partners across the enterprise. Respectfully challenge thinking of leaders, partners, and peers to ensure we act as a customer-centric organization.
• Present to a wide range of audiences, across the enterprise and leadership levels
• In addition, you would describe yourself as a:
oHuman-centered problem solver – comfortable with complexity and “gray space,” identifying creative approaches to solving problems while keeping people at the center of what you do.
oInfluencer – able to overcome resistance to new ways of working and challenging new objectives
oTrust builder – able to be a part of a tight working team, respectfully challenging team members, gaining support and partnership across the organization
oListener – willing and able to hear what coworkers, leaders, and customers are really saying – to understand what drives their questions, requests, and challenges
• 10+ years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative environments, focusing on customer experience, UX research, or service design
• Proficiency in at least one, ideally two, UX disciplines such as: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Design, Content Strategy, UX Research, or Product Design
• Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies
• Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and time management skills
• Ability to communicate and present concepts and research findings both verbally and visually
• Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
• Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.