Posted on May 3 Northbrook, IL 174 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Benefits is one of America’s leading voluntary, supplemental benefit providers. Founded in 1956 as American Heritage Life Insurance Company and acquired by The Allstate Corporation in 1999, we have the strength of a nationally recognized and trusted brand behind our comprehensive and competitive product portfolio. All products are underwritten by American Heritage Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation. Our home office is in Jacksonville, Florida. More than 31,000 companies across the U.S. choose to put our products to work for them, protecting their most valuable assets – their employees.
Allstate Benefit Technology's mission is to enable Allstate Benefits with product technology capabilities that outpace the competition and provides best-in-class service to our customers. As a leading provider of supplemental insurance, we're committed to delivering superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than three million employees, we uphold the Good Hands® promise every day.
• Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership. Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset. Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices
• Supports the rules. The rules of ScrumXP are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and the Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them. These include the rules of Scrum, SBX, WIP limits, and any other process rules the team has agreed to
• Facilitate the team's progress toward the goal. The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is constantly engaged in challenging the old norms of development, while keeping the team focused on the goals of the iteration. Helps the team achieve in areas including quality, predictability, flows, and velocity. Helps the team focus on daily and iteration goals in the context of current PI Objectives
• Facilitates meetings. Facilitates all team meetings, including the daily stand-up, iteration planning, team demo, and iteration retrospective
• Supports the Product Owner. The Product Owner has a special responsibility on the team. The Scrum Master supports the Product in his efforts and facilitates a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
• Eliminates impediments. Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or will require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration
• Promoting SAFe quality practices. SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done; Scrum Masters help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile Teams. Fosters and support relevant Communities of Practice
• Builds a high-performing team. Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage intrapersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal processes have failed to achieve the objective. Helps individuals and teams through personnel changes
• Coordinates with other teams. The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums meeting, and he passes information from that meeting back to the team. Often coordinates with the System Team, User Experience, DevOps, Shared Services, and Release Management. It is important to note, however, that the responsibility for inter-team coordination cannot be delegated entirely to the Scrum Master; every team member shares responsibility in that regard
• Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies. Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt workshop
• 2+ years of experience in IT project execution with at least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master using agile methodology preferred.
• Experience with integrating vendor applications using employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
• Understanding of lean agile frameworks in general, especially deep grasp of the Scaled Agile Framework preferred.
• Experience with agile capacity planning and budgeting v/s project-based capacity and budgeting model.
• Experience with setting and producing meaningful metrics to track, interpret and how to course correct based on metrics data.
• Exposure to Java, J2EE, Microservices with Web, Mobile and cloud technology.
• Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
• Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD pipeline.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.