Product Development and Agile Leader
Posted on May 4 Northbrook, IL 190 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
In this HR People Analytics environment, The Product Development and Agile Leader is responsible for helping the team and senior management embrace Agile values, adopt and apply principles, and implement Agile practices. This role coaches and supports the team’s Scrum Master on applying Agile principles and practices. The Product Development and Agile Leader is also responsible for the definition, delivery, and management of the lifecycle of products and portfolio as they relate back to the larger department vision and objectives. This leader coaches and guides the team’s Product Managers on strategic product vision, strategy development, product discovery, and roadmaps to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. This role collaborates with key stakeholders and the Change Management Lead to maintain and execute an integrated communication and change plan to support awareness and adoption for their products. This leader also proactively engages with other internal and external Product Owners/Initiative Leads by identifying connected initiatives and strategies.
- Guides, drives, and executes holistic product strategy for multiple products, in alignment with department and enterprise strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages Product Managers and the team’s Scrum Master. Builds, leads, and maintains a successful team, and collaborates on and communicates resourcing needs/strategy.
- Ensures the team understands and practices agility. Coaches team in Scrum values and practices, self-organization, cross functionality, empirical planning, and development. Guides the team on effective backlog management for multiple products/initiatives.
- Communicates product updates to executive stakeholders, communicates clearly in group meetings, writes and gives presentations to enterprise.
- Applies scaling patterns with teams to understand and coordinate cross-team dependencies and foster program collaboration.
- Proactively solves for potential problems with other product teams, effectively influences the priorities of other teams/functions, and partners regularly with executive stakeholders.
- Participates in larger strategic enterprise programs connected to assigned products
- Creates and leads the following product best practices: product road mapping, feature and story writing, user feedback gathering, strategic design sessions, prototyping, and more.
- Defines product success and Key Performance Indicators, supports product execution for multiple product teams, guides and manages KPIs to measure success and drive transparency into outcomes and progress related to the overall product strategy.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement by helping team members take responsibility for their actions, overseeing / facilitating the team retrospectives, and teaching problem-solving techniques.
Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (relevant certifications, like these listed below, are preferred but not required)
- PSM-I / CSM / PMI-ACP / SSM / RTE
- SA / SP / SASM / POPM
- Existing knowledge, expertise and capability aligned to specific HR products preferred.
- Has knowledge and understanding of Scrum values, principles, Servant Leadership and practices (Scrum Guide).
- Helps the team apply Scrum, Scaled Agile, and experiments with the team. Able to modify and adapt to context to select the appropriate techniques.
- Understanding of agile anti-patterns and experience in methods to correct them.
- Basic understanding of product development concepts.
- Ability to build and establish relationships necessary to influence future delivery and roadmaps, and to communicate complex and innovative concepts to stakeholders to influence decision making and buy-in.
- Ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making.
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making.
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset by demonstrating awareness and understanding of the whole and of how the parts within are interdependent.
- Ability to working in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions.
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience, and ability to learn from experiences and setbacks.
- Ability to initiate a culture of customer experience by gaining alignment from leadership down to frontline employees on the customer first transformation mindset.
The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $138,000. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.