Data Steward Consultant
Posted on May 4 Northbrook, IL 321 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
A Data Steward Consultant will be responsible for participating in improving enterprise data governance practices and strategies within their own Area of Responsibility (AOR). They will help execute on the governance of data for their AOR in collaboration with AOR –Operational Risk Experts (ORE), BISO – Business Information Security Officer, Enterprise Data Management and ATSV partners for improved data governance processes and improved data architecture on governed data sources.
- Collaborate with AOR-ORE, AOR-BISO, ATSV partners and EDM in data governance strategies
- Participate in ensuring that critical data & metadata within AOR meets the EDM data standards and principles with appropriate security
- Support the implementation of processes to maintain high quality data assets
- Support functional/technical strategy in data governance by leveraging EDM frameworks for Stewardship, Curation & Risk and EDM tools/capabilities to ensure data is consistent, accurate, available and accessible
- Manage work through a cohesive plan or agile process that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicate risks, issues and status to leadership
- With direction, participate in solving problems to ensure task completion
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches
- Strong aptitude to understand Allstate systems and data.
- Aptitude for data management, attention to details, data flow skills
- Intermediate quantitative and analytical skills
- Manage multiple priorities with direction
- Strong time management skills
- Intermediate presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
The minimum salary for this position is $51,000. The maximum salary is $73,500. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.