Compliance Consultant, Life & Retirement
Posted on May 4 Northbrook, IL 335 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The AFP Compliance Consultant contributes to the strategic initiatives which provide regulatory compliance to all AFP business units. This role provides support to compliance programs and processes, including consistency in the handling and reporting on the state of compliance. This position will transition from Allstate to the new owner upon close of the sale of Allstate Life Insurance Company (ALIC) in late 2021. The Compliance team is responsible for driving conduct and compliance-related policies, procedures and communications, including for the ethics, regulatory compliance, privacy, and law teams at the new company.
- Helps craft operational objectives for conduct and compliance-related communications, with a focus on building, streamlining and synergizing processes across multiple functional teams
- Works across all levels of the organization, including third parties, to collect data and generate reports in support of required internal and external reporting on the health of the compliance and other key compliance topics
- Supports development of a new compliance organization, including areas such as Anti-Money Laundering, Third Party Administrator governance, complaints and fraud
- Manages and tracks privacy incidents from research to resolution, analyzing root causes of privacy incidents and offers recommendations for solutions and coaching
- Assists with separate account compliance program including control reviews, ongoing monitoring, analysis and investigation
- Supports the new laws programs including the review, tracking and monitoring of state and Federal legislation
- Provides support in responding to market conduct examinations, and other regulatory inquiries, including data calls
- Participates as needed in periodic risk assessments, process reviews and testing to ensure compliance and adherence to policies and procedures
- Communicates both verbally and in writing all findings/issues, recommendations, process enhancements, and other items of interest to Compliance leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Experience drafting policies and procedures
- Background in relevant areas, including data, privacy, cybersecurity, technology, ethics, and regulatory compliance
- Strong critical thinking, inquisitive with an entrepreneurial mindset and willing to challenge the norm and consider new ways of doing things
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to efficiently analyze large data sets using Excel or other analytical software
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills to craft reports and communications which effectively convey messaging and report on key metrics to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity and exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
The salary range for this role is $51,000 - $66,100 - $81,100. Offer will be based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.