The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Risk Control Associate
Posted on May 4 Houston, TX 224 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Provide underwriting with the account knowledge required to effectively understand and evaluate the applicant or customers' business. Account knowledge includes understanding and evaluating facts about the account and the associated qualitative assessment, which through collaboration with the underwriter will differentiate the account from others within similar classes of business.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, conduct, and complete technically detailed risk assessment evaluations of client locations to determine potential hazards and risk factors and to be considered in underwriting/risk selection.
- Identifying uncontrolled hazards and making appropriate recommendations to the applicant or insured.
- Consult with clients on ways to control hazards to help them reduce, mitigate, or prevent losses.
- Understand and demonstrate loss trends and how to apply appropriate risk control products or services that align to the recommendations made to the applicant or insured.
- Collaborate with underwriting, Claim, Clients, BI Business Partners and other Risk Control staff.
- One year experience in safety, risk control, or related fields including but not limited to construction, manufacturing or relevant military experience or bachelor's degree in related field required
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be able to attain appropriate certification to meet state specific requirements where applicable
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Two years of relevant experience
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented
- Superior communication skills- written, verbal and listening
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with others
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Proven work ethic
- Influencing skills
- Travel Frequently
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.