The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Cybersecurity Technologist - Third Party Risk Management
Posted on May 5 Hartford, CT 169 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Vendor Security Assessment System (VSAS) team within Cybersecurity organization is responsible for analyzing and providing recommendations to assist in managing cyber-related risks associated with outsourcing Travelers data to third-party vendors or service providers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Technologist who will assist in the development, implementation, and execution of the Travelers Third Party Cybersecurity Risk Management Program. You will be engaging with Third Parties to ensure the completion of all aspects of the risk assessment of Third Party Vendors, and assessing inherent and residual risk of data transfers.
As the the primary point of accountability for Cybersecurity to business partners within assigned areas, you will be supporting and maintaining security systems to ensure the integrity of company information and resources. Additionally, you will be supporting the investigation, identification, and resolution of Cybersecurity events/breaches as well as interfacing with internal and external entities to ensure adherence to Cybersecurity procedures and policies.
If you possess great communication skills (written and oral) and a solid understanding and knowledge of Cybersecurity risk control frameworks, please read on!
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess completed questionnaire and assign residual risk scores to third party relationships.
- Engage with Lines of Business to ensure completion of all aspects of the risk assessment of third party vendors
- Assist with Third Party Management Program design, development, and implementation
- Technical lead interfacing with business and vendor technical contacts to asses cybersecurity controls in simple and complex third party environments.
- Provide operational support, trouble shooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products.
- Independently analyze and resolve problems of medium to high complexity.
- Configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to security processes, controls or products as directed.
- Participates in resolving situations involving improper attempts to access or infiltrate our networks.
- Recommends changes to area procedures and products. Implements with management review.
- Support reviewing or identifying and responding to security events and escalating to management.
- Consults with business peers to support and resolve cybersecurity events.
- Participate in Security and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Act as a security representative at design and new technology meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Experience providing high-level administrative support with a comprehensive knowledge of specific IS Security methodologies, processes and software packages and a conceptual understanding of other IS Security procedures and policies preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving:
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above self.
- Leadership: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding
- Planning and Project Management: Works with the project manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- On call as needed.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.