Claims Digital Business Architect
Posted on May 6 Northbrook, IL 285 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for a Claims Digital Business Architect! As this is a remote position, the ideal candidate can be located countrywide.
As a Claims Digital Business Architect, you will lead in every aspect of business design initiatives that are supportive of the Claims Digital Transformation (CDT). If you’re considering this role, you should love: looking at the big picture, building the business case, defining a strategy and vision for your opportunity space; translating that strategy into tangible outcomes and deliverables that range from software products to business design changes.
As an ideal candidate, you are an innovative thinker who isn’t satisfied with the answer of “that’s the way we’ve always done things”. You’re a creative problem-solver that excels at understanding and defining complex problems and is equally proficient at developing innovative solutions to those problems. You’re an expert communicator who can advocate for your vision, problem-solving approach, and tactical choices at every level of the organization – from the c-suite to the development team. You thrive in a cross-functional environment and can lead working groups of business SMEs, technology professionals, and user experience design. You’re relentlessly focused on outcomes and value, not just deliverables or features. You’re a big picture thinker who also appreciates the details; you can switch modes seamlessly between systems thinking and process redesign.
• Collaboratively define and drive transformation initiative strategy, vision and roadmap; evangelize and advocate for good ideas across the organization
• Articulate benefit potential of transformation initiatives in the CDT portfolio and collaborate to prioritize highest value work
• Clearly articulate the change to current process and organizational design in order to drive value from the innovation roadmap
• Lead cross-functional, matrixed teams to design, build, scale, and iterate on new technology products, business processes, and operating approaches
• Proactively engage stakeholder and user groups across the country to educate/advocate for business transformation and gain feedback for improvement
• Collect and analyze data and insights; leverage results to identify or understand problems or to recommend improvements
• Collaborate with other Digital Business Architects to ensure integration between work streams
• Contribute to CDT overall roadmap and strategy
The products and opportunities within our portfolio take many forms and require a diverse, flexible set of cross-functional skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or commiserate experience
• Expertise in Claims business processes or in digital design
• Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional, matrixed working team environment
• Ability to breakdown business processes into important customer needs and business outcomes
• Fanatical about driving to simplicity for our customers
• Able to look at complicated problems and build a plan to identify root causes and test potential solutions or alternatives
• Ability to place tangible benefits onto problems to be solved
• Dedicates time and interest to learning, teaching, and continuously improving.
• Desires to contribute concretely to design sessions, analytical discussions, and retrospectives.
• Works collaboratively with other team members in pursuit of a common goal.
• Skilled influencer and facilitator
• Comfortable with ownership and accountability to both a plan and key outcomes
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
• Embraces a continuously evolving breadth of projects and goals.
• Innovates and problem-solves by using new modeling techniques or tools.
• Takes initiative and works efficiently while maintaining a focus on the bigger picture.
• Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.