The Travelers Companies, Inc.
AVP-Cyber Risk Control
Posted on May 6 Naperville, IL 849 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position develops cyber risk management programs and strategies and provides program level consultative expertise across Travelers in the areas of cyber risk. Develops program strategies to promote defensive measures and organizational awareness to cyber risk while working closely with key areas/partners across the enterprise. Acts in a foundational role to the Travelers Cyber Security Risk Program by providing expert consultation on a wide variety of programs, issues, and risks.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides expertise, consultation, and advice at an Enterprise level in the area of cyber risk and technology-related risks to Travelers and its customers.
- Partners at an enterprise level in the development of cyber risk strategies and best practices. Develops other program strategies focused on optimum outcomes, deterrence, recoveries, and intelligence gathering.
- Utilizes knowledge of the regulatory environment to consult on and develop policies regarding pre and post event cyber risk management.
- Remains current with changing laws and regulations pertaining to cyber risk.
- Works with Underwriting, Risk Control, and other business partners to conduct program level analysis in order to determine/forecast potential product exposures, market differentiators, risk mitigation strategies, and opportunities relative to the constantly evolving cyber risk landscape.
- Works closely with resources outside of Travelers (e.g., business partners, distribution partners, industry associations, other Property & Casualty insurance carriers, computer forensics / incident response specialty firms) to maximize program development.
- Supports the identification, maintenance, and assessment of key vendor relationships to most effectively manage pre-breach cyber risks as well as the post-breach management of claims.
- Collaborates with other business areas, including Underwriting, Risk Control, Legal, Claim and Regulatory, in the development of enterprise awareness and training strategies pertaining to cyber risk.
- Develops cyber risk assessment processes utilizing information obtained through various sources, including knowledge of cyber risks and emerging trends.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in cyber risk management, advanced computer forensics, incident response, cybercrime investigations, IT Security, or other related areas required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Business Management or Technology (Computer Science / Engineering) or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and expert in the field of information technology and risk management preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert understanding of cybercrime schemes such as computer intrusions, internet fraud, and intellectual property violations, and denial of service attacks at a management level.
- Expert understanding of cyber risk management strategies.
- Expert knowledge of information & network security best practices.
- Knowledge of data privacy laws and regulations including PCI-DSS, HIPPA, and other statutes protecting consumer identity information.
- Knowledge of Liability, Bond, & Property insurance coverage pertaining to technology including Cyber insurance products.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.