Willis Towers Watson
Senior Client Manager - Surety
Posted on May 6 Birmingham, AL 185 views
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not of specific job opportunity.
In this role, you will represent the surety team by demonstrating expertise, decision making skills and comprehensive business knowledge.
- Manage day-to-day needs for clients, including bond requests, billing issues, bond close-outs.
- Issue original bond documents as needed.
- Responsible for requesting periodic client financial updates for surety team analysis, and subsequently transmitting to underwriters.
- Responds to clients’ needs and questions relating to account bond program, project limits and specific project opportunities.
- As needed, prepare and submit basic marketing submissions.
- As needed, prepare for review and/or submit advanced marketing submissions.
- Communicates with underwriters on status of account or individual bond approvals
- Miscellaneous surety requirements such as: process, bond requests within time frames required by the client.
- Process over/under run billings.
- Bond Renewal –Review bond renewal listing. Obtain information as to whether bond is to be renewed and/or any changes, and submit information to underwriters to update bond information - when returned, process and complete renewal process.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients/peers.
- Support other surety offices as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 Plus years of experience in a Surety Broker Role or Practice.
- Underwriting, Construction, Accounting, Document Preparation Roles experience
- Required to maintain Public Notary certification.
- College education preferred
- Knowledge of accounting basics or financial analysis experience.
- Ability to perform initial review of a financial statement for missing information and general financial performance.
- Ability to follow-through with details of open and closing accounts, demonstrations of initiative preferred.
- Knowledge of the surety industry and the general operation of business.
- Ability to accurately track the information needed/requested from surety clients in order to provide surety with updated accurate underwriting information.
- Ability to prepare and submit a marketing submission without oversight as needed.
- Willingness to participate in surety industry educational events.
- Willingness to mentor and cross-train with Regional Team.
- Appropriate licenses as dictated by state law required within 60 days of employment.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competent computer skills or ability to learn: Epic, Surepath, and Excel
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Willingness to expand job skill set and to seek advice from teammates.
- Must be a multi-dimensional team player
EOE, including disability/vets