L&D Strategic Skills Program Manager (Remote-Home Based Worker)
Posted on May 7 Northbrook, IL 183 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As an organization, Allstate remains committed to developing the core skills and internal expertise necessary to deliver on our transformation. With tech talent and emerging skillsets in short supply and high demand, we continue to explore how a strong skills development strategy can further position us for success. As a Strategic Skills Program Manager, you will support the planning, design, execution and measurement of training programs designed to train employees for specific in-demand jobs or skills critical to Allstate Technology, Services & Ventures (ATSV's) success.
Strategic Skills Program Managers work with technology leaders, learning advisory and HR partners across the enterprise to identify global strategic opportunities to upskill the existing workforce, bridge talent and or hiring processes with skill development programs. They will help the head of Global Strategic Skill Development Programs build the development of the immersive learning strategy across ATSV.
- In this role they will design consistent, effective and scalable strategic skills development programs; focusing on process improvements related to candidate selection, operations, delivery and measurement.
- They will work with subject matter experts to source the best quality program content
- They will design programming with holistic learning journeys (70/20/10 model)
- They will directly help ensure the Global ATSV organization meets its annual L&LD learning goals
- This leader will need to be a structured thinker who is able to develop a rapport with cross-functional teams in order to drive improvements to how we plan, build and launch programs.
- Ability to build executive level communications, telling the immersive learning story.
Helps design the technology skill development learning strategy including:
Strategy.Helps develop an annual ATSV immersive learning plan, resources, calendar with target groups.
Need Analysis.Partners with learning advisor to identify immersive learning opportunities through data and analytics (hard to fill roles, future state skills, etc.). Perform analyses as appropriate including organizational, gap, work/task, performance, content, learner, and cost/benefit, etc.
Solution Design.Builds effective, world-class technical learning solutions for AI/ML, Data Security, Java, Cloud engineering and other key skills needed for the organization. Adept at creating technical learning content in combination with professional/soft skills.
Ability to Think Strategically| Makes the Right Connections.Ensure the right balance between individual learning needs and business needs (speed to productivity, in person learning, online learning, on the job experience). Builds programs that can be delivered virtually and scaled to learners around the globe
Evaluation / Measurement.Partners with measurement team to design, develop and execute evaluation / measurement plans for each immersive learning program to understand the value upskilling / reskilling brings to the organization.
Collaboration.Collaborate with the global strategic skilling team and a pool of instructional designers, graphic designers, and developers to bring the learning strategy to life.
Communication.Ability to tell the immersive learning story and its impacts to an executive-level audience (C-Suite)
Flawless Execution.Helps manage the immersive learning budget; accountable for quality and speed to market. Stakeholder management, issue management, financial management, measurement, reporting and communication
Strong Collaboration.Must be able to make the connections across the organization, identify stakeholders and work across locations effectively to drive results.
Program Management.Strong organizational & program and/or product management skills
Strong Prioritization and Organizational Skills.Ability to manage multiple projects at once, working independently to meet critical deadlines
Flexibility & Adaptability.Ability to adapt to change and work effectively in time of ambiguity
Relationship Management.Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across multiple teams across multiple geographies (ability to work in a fast-paced remote team environment)
Strong Communication Skills.Ability to tell the story of strategic skill development programs and their impact on Allstate employees
Digital Mindset.Up to date knowledge and/or strong interest in current and emerging technology within the IT sector
Outcome Oriented.Team oriented and focused on driving team results
- At least 5 years of related work experience (10+ years of work experience preferred)
- Helpful backgrounds for this role include but are not limited to the following: performance consulting and or learning & development consulting, organizational design and development, human resources, program management and or technical program management
- Strong experience in program management (understanding client needs, consulting skills, program design, deployment, execution and reporting and measurement)
- Strong project management and process design skills
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Demonstrated capabilities in the ability to design and deliver learning and development solutions at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to tell their story
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s Degree in Learning, Communications, Organizational Psychology, MBA or another related field is preferred)
- Experience supporting talent strategies for technical talent is a plus
- Experience designing learning experiences and training programs for technical skills is a plus
- Experience working with technology organizations and/or business units driving technical learning solutions is a plus
The minimum salary for this position is $85,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.