Commercial Property Adjuster - Remote/Home-Based Worker
Posted on May 10 Northbrook, IL 232 views
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Property Adjuster!
Allstate Insurance is changing the way the insurance industry looks and we want you to be part of our growing team! Our focus on creating extraordinary customer experiences, establishing connections through technology, and using continuous improvement is transforming how we settle insurance claims. Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers. This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a Property Inside Adjuster and be part of our dynamic team!
A Day in the Life:
- Communicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner
- Conduct a detailed review of the property and write an estimate to capture the extent of the damages
- Use high resolution photographs provided by virtual imagery and advanced video technology to collaborate with onsite vendors to identify damages and write a damage estimate from a virtual setting
- Review the policy and decide how coverage applies and provide the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policy
- Negotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
This role involves taking care of customers in their times of need. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary. If offered the role, you may go to one of our regional training centers for training in our state-of-the-art facility within your first two months at Allstate. You will receive ongoing support, mentoring and coaching as you develop your career.
The work hours for this position are either 8:30am-5pm or 9am-5:30pm CST with a rotating late duty of 10:30am-7pm CST due to the business need.
The salary range for this position is $47,500 - $58,400.
A $1000 sign on bonus is applicable for this posting for all candidates who have a resident Property and Casualty License or a Designated Home State License in Florida or Texas.
This position is not available for California residents.
You’re a great match for this role if you:
1+ year of claims handling experience is required
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Have previous experience in construction, restoration, or claims
- Have prior experience using estimating software like Xactimate
- Value providing an effortless customer service experience
- Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- Have a bachelor’s degree and/or prior customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) and company-funded pension
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.