Zone Senior Reputation Manager - Agency Sales
Posted on May 10 Chandler, AZ 158 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Zone Senior Reputation Manager is accountable for providing strategic counsel to the Allstate Agency Sales Zone Leader. Allstate agencies are a key stakeholder and the face of Allstate in local communities. The leader will creatively enhance Allstate’s reputation in local communities, build agency engagement and support actions to grow the business. This role requires a strategic partnership with the Zone Leader, collaboration across the Sales Zones and integration with Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Brand employees. This position supports the West Zone, which is based in Chandler, AZ.
Candidates need to work from the Pacific or Mountain time zonesin order to provide timely support to agents and the sales teams in that geography, particularly during catastrophe events.
- Strategic communications / reputation management: Serve as a trusted partner to the Zone Leader by providing guidance on how to build confidence in our business plan to generate growth and while protecting / enhancing the brand through highly effective strategic communications.
- Executive positioning: Build an executive positioning plan aligned to both the Corporate Brand narrative and Agency Sales priorities for the Zone Leader that improves reputation / engagement and understanding of our business strategy with agents, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Integrated messaging: Execute an integrated national communications strategy with other Corporate Brand leaders, including reputation managers, the senior manager for Distribution Communications, Local & National Media / PR, Issues & Crisis Management and The Allstate Foundation, tailoring messaging when needed to specific market needs.
- Catastrophe preparedness and response: Provide support and content to the Zone Leader and sales teams for agents and customer audiences during catastrophe events, working closely with the National Catastrophe Team and other business partners.
- Regulatory requirements: Develop communications for significant regulatory issues that could affect customers or other stakeholders and / or our business and brand reputation.
- Connecting business strategy and communications: Act as a subject matter expert on zone specifics, such as key competitors, market factors, regulations, products, sales strategies, etc. for other Corporate Brand teams, including Issues & Crisis Management, Media / PR and others.
Experience / Education
- 7+ years in a communications leadership role
- Internal and external communications
- Insurance and financial services acumen
- Exclusive Agency Sales experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
Must possess expert level research, analysis, public relations and communication skills. A deep operational understanding of the property and casualty insurance business, Allstate structure and independent contractor / agency business operations is required to be successful. Experience in public advocacy and executive positioning is also required.
- Leads, challenges and takes risks in formulating strategic direction
- Contributes to senior-level conversations guiding strategic direction of the business unit and company
- Accountable for ongoing assessments of agreed upon strategies recommending shifts, changes in direction and responsiveness to marketplace issues, when necessary
- Able to clearly identify the primary objective and key variables, and work “backward” to align programs, processes and resources to achieve goals
- Creates holistic solutions to drive outcomes
- Leads problem-solving efforts on behalf of corporation, business unit and the department with primary focus on removing barriers and developing best practices within the organization to achieve results
- Encourages full participation and seeks out diverse points of view
- Challenges the status quo to think beyond what has always been done to connect with people in new ways
- Gathers creative ideas from inside and outside the company to develop modern, dynamic recommendations
- Leverages people with diverse background and experiences to create culturally aware and creative solutions
Counseling and Business Partnership
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of business goals
- Positions Corporate Brand as a strategic enabler for the corporation
- Exhibits a skilled ability to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the business unit and develops strategic recommendations to achieve objectives
- Takes initiative to present creative solutions addressing issues and opportunities
- Demonstrates clear leadership in identifying integrated solutions which contributes to overall management of resources within the company
The minimum salary for this position is $111,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.