Willis Towers Watson
Health and Benefits Analyst (University)
Posted on May 10 Boston, MA 27 views
Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control soaring health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based,
state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support,
and legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
As a Health and Benefits Analyst, you will work beside some of the industry’s top consultants while you progress toward becoming a thought leader of the future.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise.
For Actuarial track: Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist in attaining the accredited designation of Actuary.
You will partner with consultants to provide support on projects through:
- Performing financial analyses, including developing pricing, creating employee contribution strategies, modelling plan design alternatives, and calculating reserves
- Analyzing and comparing vendor products, services, and contracts
distributing, and evaluating responses to surveys and RFPs
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, public health, health management,
actuarial science or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- For Actuarial students: Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills (analyst type of internship preferred)
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel