Inside Property Technician- Remote/Home-Based Worker
Posted on May 11 Northbrook, IL 122 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This job is responsible for providing coaching and oversight to adjusters regarding use of and payments to general contractors and Allstate’s preferred vendors via the Good Hands Repair Network and Alacrity. This individual reviews, analyzes, and processes mitigation and general contractor bills for payment. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex and occasionally highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Develops, manages, and audits relationships with general contractors and mitigation vendors in the Allstate preferred vendor network and Alacrity
- Analyzes general contractor bills to assess appropriateness of charges and detect duplicate billings
- Reinspects or reviews vendor repair estimates as needed; makes corrections and repair recommendations, and corrects estimate
- Analyzes usage of vendors and recommends ways to improve usage and vendor partnerships
- Discusses alternative repair methods with vendors to ensure customers receive the best, most cost efficient service
- Monitors network utilization and identifies potential need for expanded or new network
Training – Develop & Deliver
- Offers settlement guidance to adjusters when negotiating and settling with out of network vendors or contractors
- Advises management on coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Assists in assessing unit needs for training and development
- May lead or facilitate formal training for adjusters, processors or vendors
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more complex or occasionally highly complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for large projects or as a committee team member on very large projects
- May lead roundtable and/or calibration discussions
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Property estimating experience required
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex and occasionally highly complex claims
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- May work within complex and occasionally highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- We offer a comepetitive salary starting from $51,000
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.