Willis Towers Watson
Middle Market Broker
Posted on May 11 Chicago, IL 89 views
Provide knowledge, leadership, insight and direction for broking activities to ensure that clients’ expectations are regularly met. This role incorporates a wide level of expertise, but always assumes the broker is capable of handling accounts independently. The size and complexity of the account can vary. More experienced brokers may be responsible for training and supervising Associate Brokers. Responsible to ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met. Helps drive the broking team to achieve agreed operational and financial goals and objectives.
- Orchestrate new business placement, renewals and alterations of existing coverage.
- Develop, review and deliver presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the market.
- Research and evaluate all solutions (insurance and otherwise) to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Provide coverage and program design advice and expertise to client; perform needs and gap analysis to make recommendations regarding program improvements.
- Build strong partnerships with a broad range of organizations and stakeholders in the market in order to secure optimum terms and conditions for clients.
- Contribute to thought leadership and continuous process improvement of the Broking function.
- Work closely with associates to stay on top of changes in the marketplace.
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize of carrier quotes, terms and conditions and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations.
- Request / Attend and participate in regular client and underwriter meetings.
- Conduct program peer reviews.
- Provide coaching to brokers in training.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- 2-7 years industry experience
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Strong group presentation skills (written and verbal); ability to drive complex/technical conversations.
- Relationship management: Customer focus, collaboration and interpersonal skills and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts.
- Negotiation skills: Carrier and client negotiation skills. Can secure concessions without damaging relationships.
- Business acumen: demonstrates knowledge of industries and clients, carriers and/or markets.
- Project Management: ability to effectively manage and oversee small projects.
- Receptive to feedback; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; high adaptability.
- Leadership skills; applies judgement in making decisions, directs and motivates others, takes lead in small groups and promotes teamwork.
- Technical skills; ability to review and understand coverage forms and answer coverage questions. Ability to review insurance specification of contracts; ability to run analytics models.
- Knowledge of end-to-end insurance process, including process owners and rationale/purpose of key steps.
- Technology acumen – ability to utilize technology-based record management systems; basic MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.
EOE, including disability/vets