The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on May 12 Saint Paul, MN 149 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Employee Services Unit (ESU) is a global inbound contact and transaction processing center that handles general HR questions within the five centers of excellence: Benefits, Contact Center, Payroll, Staffing Operations, and Talent Management Administration (TMA) supporting US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. As a part of the Payroll team, the Consultant, Payroll meets the operational plan for Travelers Payroll department by ensuring all paychecks are in compliance with country and state/provincial regulations and are processed in an accurate and timely manner. The position is responsible for closing the daily, biweekly, and monthly payrolls in an efficient and timely manner. Assists with quarter and year end closings. May assist with system projects and HR technology upgrades, including testing of tax law changes or programs to ensure paycheck accuracy. This role is a subject matter expert on payroll related projects and/or upgrades;
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Closes daily, biweekly, and monthly payrolls for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland including the review of numerous edit reports that need to be thoroughly researched and corrected prior to closing.
- Ensures accurate tax allocations and withholding based on employee work schedule and physical location; Responsible for address changes/transfers to ensure proper taxation.
- Responsible for creating location related tables for all countries in the HR technology payroll system.
- Assists with designing specifications, testing and executing test cases for scheduled releases and payroll related projects.
- Processes quarter-end, year-end and annual bonus/equity transactions.
- Responsible for understanding multiple payroll systems in order to process multiple payrolls.
- Consults on compliance related issues or questions from representatives as needed.
- Provides backup for all country’s payroll closings.
- Provides backup for imputed income and relocation processing.
- Minimum of one year of human resources or related work experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience preferred.
- General knowledge of USA payroll related tax laws required.
- General understanding of FLSA laws required.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues as they arise is required.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written, and the ability to work with both internal and external customers while utilizing great customer service skills preferred.
- General knowledge of Canada, UK and Ireland payroll related tax laws preferred.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft payroll and time and labor preferred.
- Prior experience in executing test plans for tax releases and other payroll related projects preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PeopleSoft Query preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPP designation preferred.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
- Sitting (Can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Occasionally)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.