Posted on May 13 Northbrook, IL 189 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Where good people build rewarding careers
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for AWS Analytics Engineers within our Data & Intelligent Systems Group (D&IS). At D&IS we are responsible for the engineering and operation of the Allstate big data and real time analytics platforms. In this higly visible role you will influence design and implemenation of solutions to ingest, transform and deliver data in AWS for Analytics and Machine Learning, leveraging tools like EMR, Glue, Kinesis, and SageMaker. You will participate in enablement of a hybrid cloud to accelerate our ongoing transformation from an insurance company to an expanded circle of protection products.
- Work with Big Data and Analytical teams to engineer and develop capabilities in the cloud that align with transformative growth business strategies and requirements.
- Design scalable, resilient and pragmatic solutions using AWS Analytics Services which meet technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Assist other teams across Allstate’s Data Management (D&IS) and Data Science (D3) with cloud’s fit for purpose analysis and migration of their on-premise workloads from a conceptual and technology standpoint.
- Test and deploy cloud-based services to support real-time analytics workloads.
- Automate repeatable tasks to create efficiencies in our workflows and enable freedom for innovation.
- Champion good engineering practices and help teams to define and set up frameworks for cloud adoption and consumption.
- Contribute to technology strategy, engineering roadmaps, and proof of concept use cases.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant level experience in analytics or solution design / architecture in the cloud using AWS Analytics Services.
- Experience in two or more of the following AWS Analytics Services; Athena, EMR, Kinesis, Glue, SageMaker, Lake Formation
- Experience in automating analytics solutions in a cloud environment.
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes Technical leadership and solution design.
- Collaborative and customer-oriented track record, able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Data Analytics Speciality
- Automation, Configuration Management (e.g. Terraform, Ansible), Dev-ops practices, CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins).
- Elementary infrastructure knowledge. (Compute, Storage, and Networking)
- Intermediate understanding of Linux and Containers.
- Development skills – Python, Java, or code management tools like Github.
- Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, EMR, Spark, Impala, Kafka, etc.
- Integration, Dataflow management, ETL.
- Data Warehousing, NoSQL, Relational Databases.
Salary $95K-$150K. Target bonus eligible. Offer will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.