The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Account Executive Officer, BoilerRe
Posted on May 13 Hartford, CT 711 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under limited supervision, develop and enhance relationships within the insurance carrier market to create opportunities for customized products for equipment breakdown (EB) reinsurance. Solicit, negotiate and sell all aspects of equipment breakdown (EB) reinsurance business within a defined territory. Coordinate services (claim, loss control and etc.) and distribution strategies to enhance BoilerRE's local presence and relationships with clients, prospects and intermediaries. Routinely sought out by others as a resource; coaches less experienced employees. Seen as a role model and/or informal leader by Territory Managers and Relationship Managers in all aspects of the job. This job leads others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the sales strategies for BoilerRe throughout territory to meet the profitability and production objectives for the territory. Sell industry segment underwriting and service capabilities to cedents and intermediaries.
- Responsible for profitability, growth and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Identify and develop opportunities to achieve profitable growth through new business production and retention of existing business throughout the territory.
- Leverages cedent/intermediary relationships to drive new business opportunities and to retain existing relationships.
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with the clients, prospects and intermediaries within the territory to enhance the sales efforts.
- Provide ongoing customer service delivery and problem resolution to cedents and intermediaries who cede or broker equipment breakdown reinsurance within the territory.
- Develop, analyze and share competitive market place information to identify and create a competitive sales advantage for BoilerRe.
- Work with BoilerRe Regional Underwriting Units to help identify and solve product and service development needs for the equipment breakdown reinsurance market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible underwriting and/or marketing within the insurance industry with working experience/knowledge handling equipment breakdown and/or reinsurance is required.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service skills are required.
- Must possess a strong ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible underwriting and/or marketing within the insurance industry with working experience/knowledge handling equipment breakdown and/or reinsurance are preferred.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills, including highly developed presentation skills.
- Effective influencing skills, including an ability to develop and coordinate the appropriate resources and work groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all parts of the equipment breakdown reinsurance segment.
Licensing or Certificates
- Insurance Institute of America (IIA) course work (CPCU, ARM, etc.) preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication (Advanced): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Relationship Management (Advanced): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Develops Strategy and Drives Results
- Business Planning and Collaboration
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.