Agile Software Developer Remote/Home Based
Posted on May 14 Northbrook, IL 53 views
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Software Development team is growing daily – across our multiple Allstate development groups we’ve launched several products and we haven’t stopped accelerating. We are committed to moving quickly as the number of projects and products continues to expand and evolve, leveraging our skills to assist the Allstate development groups in bringing the best solutions and services to market.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join an organization where your innovative thinking and technology skills can make an impact on the future of the way Allstate develops and delivers software in the future.
We are the Allstate cutting edge Software Development team. We bring to market innovative services and solutions for Allstate by partnering with IT developers across the company leveraging the Agile XP methodology and the Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology platform. On most CompoZed projects, the technical team is a mix of a Product Manager (representing the business needs), a Product Designer providing UX information architecture and design, as well as highly skilled and diversified Product Developers.
- Utilizing Paired programming
- Leveraging Test-Driven Development
- Daily interactions and open communication channels with you and your Product Manager
- Participation in Iteration Planning, Stand-up and Retrospective meetings
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
Expectations for a CompoZed developer include:
- You are entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action and leadership in ambiguous situations
- You are passionate about technical topics such as computer languages and frameworks, mobility and Internet of Things.
- You can translate complex user stories into a good technical code and deliver it effectively.
- You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- 1-2+ years technology development and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile XP), including paired programming and test driven development.
- Spring Framework
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- Mircrosoft SQL Server or MongoDB
Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering or computer science.
The minimum salary range for this position is $75k to $110K. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.