Claims Communications Lead Consultant
Posted on May 14 Northbrook, IL 297 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Communications Lead Consultant is responsible for developing and executing communications that advance Claims strategic priorities and improve employee engagement. Primary responsibilities include the creation and execution of strategic communication plans and messaging, content delivery as well as communication counsel to key stakeholders within the Claim organization. This role requires strong writing and project management skills. A primary role includes ensuring quality, error-free, strategically targeted communications are developed to benefit the business system.
Communications Development and Planning
- Possesses strong written communication skills and consistently creates clear and concise messaging that demonstrates knowledge of subject and audience
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Solicits and integrates input from key stakeholders
- Ability to digest complex initiatives and develop easy-to-understand communications for key stakeholders
- Knowledge of company organization and procedures. Insurance and Claims knowledge is a plus
- Contributes and presents ideas to various audiences
- Collaborates with a diverse group of people and facilitate conversations so all points of view are considered
- Possesses strong copyediting skills
- Assists with development of communication platforms, including web and email and presentations
- Participates and contributes on projects that are moderate to high complexity
- Lead projects as assigned
- Tracks project plan progress and meets deadlines
- Communicates and presents project status
- Compiles metrics as it relates to programs, projects and processes
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects with teammates and stakeholders
- Provide quality assurance for all deliverables
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Viewed as communication subject matter expert
- Writing Skills: Possesses good understanding of target audiences; leverages highly effective writing style and experience in developing compelling messaging to a wider audience.
- Internal Communication Skills: Experience developing and executing internal communication strategies which create an understanding of our corporate priorities, giving context around issues and initiatives, building employee engagement and helping people understand their role and how it contributes to the success of Allstate.
- Communication Strategy and Planning skills: Experience setting objectives, developing long and short range plans; identifying issues and risks; measuring and analyzing effectiveness of communications
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for the tasks before them
- Resourceful and comprehensive problem solver
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of communications and writing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Communication, English, or Journalism degree preferred
- Writing samples required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop and Illustrator) are a plus
- Experience with social media and web content development
- Strong communication and project management skills required
Compensation range for this position is $75,900 - $125,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.