The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr Inside Risk Control Consultant, Construction
Posted on May 14 Centennial, CO 70 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The primary role of the Sr. Inside Risk Control Consultant, Construction/Oil & Gas is to conduct surveys and research on written and prospective business leveraging internal and external information. Evaluate complex accounts and facilitate problem solving and skill development with other Inside Risk Control Consultants. Help customers by positioning the Risk Control portal and self-help resources when possible. Provide findings from the research survey processes that support effective underwriting through risk understanding and class fit. Collaborate with business partners and underwriters to optimize the use of our field RC staff. Assist the Field Director as needed with design and implementation of Inside Desk business strategy. This role reports to a Field Director. This job does not manage others.
Position Location: This can be a virtual/remote position and alternate locations may be considered based on business needs. The Oil and Gas position is ideally located in the Denver/Centennial Business Center.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partnering and having joint ownership with business partners to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Building and maintaining a collaborative relationship with underwriters in offices across the country.
- Timely response to requests for information and phone surveys in support of faster business decisions.
- Writing concise reports that communicate basic risk characteristics and an overview of key operations and exposures across multiple lines of coverage.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs through the survey process or loss trends.
- Staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment, and emerging issues.
- Creating a valued customer experience through each customer engagement.
- Coaching and mentoring of other Inside Risk Control Consultants.
- Take a lead role in designing and implementing strategies that encourage customers to access Risk Control's self-help resources.
- Assist Field Director in managing relationship with business partners and bringing attention to opportunities for improvement.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety, construction management, basic sciences or related technical fields required.
- Eight years of experience in risk control or safety related positions in industries including but not limited to construction, manufacturing, or military required.
- Mastery knowledge of business insurance lines of coverage and contractual risk transfer required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance industry acumen preferred.
- Construction Insurance industry acumen preferred.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred
- Relevant field experience required
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CFPS) preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented
- Research skills; technical, data, and social media
- Superior communication skills, phone, written, verbal and listening
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a client
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Proven work ethic
- Influencing skills
- Coaching / Mentoring of others
- The salary range in Colorado for this position is $96,200 to $144,300.
- To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit.
- All employees are eligible for performance-based cash awards, either through Travelers annual bonus program or through the Reward and Recognition (R&R) program.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.