Posted on May 15 Chicago, IL 13 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Allstate UX & Design team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of UX Architects, UX Writers & Content Strategists, UX Researchers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction theories, best UX writing practices, and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The Senior UX Writer will independently drive the content design for their products and delivering consumer value from a content and storytelling perspective. They will work closely with the Senior Manager/Content of the business area to identify and design content activities within the product roadmap and align efforts to the larger business and development strategy. They will work with the rest of the Content Leadership team to define and grow the content practice and its value within Allstate and be a content educator supporting the execution of quality content management, production, and strategy throughout the organization. They will also be responsible for mentoring other content designers as the discipline grows.
- Ideate, write, manage and govern consumer-friendly UX content within and around your products/business area
- Ensure Allstate brand consistency (voice, tone, style) and quality in all your work
- Able to move content and other design activities forward despite uncertainty
- Participate in human-centered design workshops
- Go beyond expectations to ensure our content solutions will have the right impact
- Educate and foster the development of content best practices in other experience design team members
- Foster relationships and partnerships with other experience design team members and areas of business including Product, Front-end Development, User Research, Marketing, and Customer Experience
- Manage content within an area of business or group of products/services/technologies
- Support decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective content solutions for all aspects of the organization
- Build long-term relationships within teams by creating an environment of candor and trust
- Champion open and honest communication
- Respect confidentiality
- Lead with integrity
- Create an environment of accountability
- Establish vision, direction, and specific objectives for project efforts while allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
- Provide performance feedback against desired outcomes and service level agreements
You will come to this role with
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience in content strategy, UX writing and user experience
- Experience in creating content for a variety of channels including, but not limited to, web, native mobile apps, dashboards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including storytelling, writing, and presentation capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years as a UX writer, content strategist, manager, or content designer (or equivalent work experience)
- Enthusiasm and a passion for good content and how it can make products and our business better
- The ability to educate and advocate for user-focused content
- A clear point of view around the many dimensions of content and how they pertain to business goals and products (including strategy, production, informational architecture, data structures, and metadata management)
It would be nice if you also brought
- An understanding of systems thinking and human-centered design principles
- Familiarity with Agile/Lean development
- Some experience mentoring other content or experience designers
- Allstate UX Writers care about making insurance smarter and more useful for everyone.
- We create collaboratively and think flexibly.
- We are naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about human-centered design. Allstate trains team members in a set of design methods to create a common approach and shared vocabulary.
- Allstate creative team members handle and enjoy projects from huge initiatives to simple requests, and we always give our best to our work.
- We work within a variety of methodologies and processes and help to improve upon them.
- We are organized and able to manage personal and project timetables.
- Allstate creative team members are engaging and effective communicators of ideas.
- We keep up-to-date in our respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing our craft and successes.
- We are curious about each other’s disciplines and have the opportunity to learn outside of our specialties.
- We inspire others with our enthusiasm and work ethic.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
The salary range for this level position is $75,900 - $138,300. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.