Workforce Scientist - Sr Consultant I (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
Posted on May 17 Northbrook, IL 531 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The People Analytics – Workforce Scientist Senior Consultant is responsible for using I/O psychology principles and experience to understand employee insights and motivations, influence talent programs and drive talent strategies that enable the business strategy. This role is also responsible for championing a data-driven culture across HR.
- Acts as thought leader, innovator and advisor using I/O Psychology expertise to help Allstate improve the way we select, engage, develop and retain our talent in a way that drives business outcomes.
- Manages innovative and foundational research across the organization (including focus group moderation, in-situation observation, interviews, workshops) in addition to sophisticated qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Consults on the development and delivery of human capital solutions and products to be used by leaders and employees across the enterprise to improve talent outcomes.
- Partners in managing the Allstate survey strategy for People Analytics (including onboarding, culture, leadership and exit surveys).
- Executes on the talent measurement practices that support human capital initiatives strategies and programs
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s in I/O Psychology or related field strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in using data and analytics, experience with people data preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
- Intermediate to advanced experience providing analysis and insights on a variety of talent issues, including selection, development, engagement, performance management, succession and retention.
- Intermediate to advanced level consulting skills and experience; possesses the ability to establish and leverage relationships with internal and external partners at senior organizational levels and influence outcomes
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of research design and methodologies applicable to driving talent outcomes.
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills, including expert ability to use storytelling as a means of communication to audiences with various levels of expertise
- Experience with people analytics survey and assessment design, results communicate and interpretation.
- Proficiency in a statistical software such as R or SPSS and knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., SEM, LCM, ANOVA, Regression, T-Test, etc.)
Compensation for this position will be $59,500 to $103,300/year. Actual salary offered will depend on selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.