Lead Consultant - Sourcing and Procurement Solutions
Posted on May 18 Northbrook, IL 140 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Sourcing Lead Consultant plays a key role developing and managing sourcing strategies for one or more medium complexity sourcing categories. The role will influence and advise activities utilizing the Procurement Lifecycle to enable clients to deliver on their business objectives category objectives. The role has responsibility for implementing and integrating sourcing initiatives and assignments in support of category strategies and business unit sourcing needs. This role will include partnering with internal business partners and other procurement functions. The Lead Consultant develops innovative solutions utilizing industry best practices and analyzes long and short-term risks to drive procurement solutions.
• Develops Sourcing approach for sourcing medium complexity initiatives.
• Work with internal stakeholders and category teams to understand business objectives, requirements, market /industry benchmarks/trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities.
• Leverages support teams internal and external to SPS to support category initiative implementation and to develop and manage procurement project pipeline and metrics for overseeing performance and risk.
• Effectively lead execution of the sourcing strategy for medium complexity sourcing projects which includes ability to create and utilize appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, follow standard operating procedures established to execute source to pay processes.
• Monitor and analyze internal and external category information to support sourcing initiatives, maintenance and oversight.
• Intermediate negotiation for medium complexity and risk projects to drive a clear understanding of supplier, performance expectations. Provides transparency into savings opportunities and works with business stakeholders and sourcing and category management leadership to establish success criteria. May on occasion work on higher complexity initiatives, with in a supporting or leading role.
• With supplier management, facilitate business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and identify performance issues and manage resolution through on-going process/service delivery improvement.
• Lead discussions with internal business stakeholders, expense managers, and key stakeholders to identify demand management guidelines which will govern the use of the commodities being contracted for. Leverage data and analytics to provide intelligence analysis and reporting on a sourcing event and supplier performance.
• Execute all facets of the source to pay processes, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for improvement
Education and Experience
• 5 or more years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• CPSM, Six Sigma, CPCU
• Experience in sourcing for medium to high complexity commodities while driving value
• Experience with proactively formulating strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
• Intermediate supplier relationship management skill set
• Experience working within a fast paced, highly matrixed, agile environment.
• Collaborative, strategic thinker with experience in persuading others or gaining acceptance of complex ideas to achieve goals and objectives
• Strong time management and project management skills
• Change management and customer service excellence mindsets
• Strong analytical capabilities including cost modeling
Compensation range for this position is $110,000 - 135,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.