Direct Business Insurance Sales Representative (Remote)
Posted on May 18 Northbrook, IL 201 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Business Insurance Sales representatives are licensed in property & casualty and can be licensed in up to 50 states plus the District of Columbia along with Massachusetts. The Business Insurance Sales representative is responsible for engaging prospects to become Allstate customers through relationship selling. The Sales Specialist is responsible for successfully closing sales opportunities through inbound and outbound contact in a way that enables the sales area to meet its customer satisfaction and sales performance goals.
• Provide an exceptional sales experience to prospects through inbound and outbound calls in order to meet sales targets and performance goals.
• Sell new business policies for auto and property personal lines and specialty lines of insurance.
• Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities.
• Prospect for new business during routine customer calls.
• Deliver exceptional customer service on all interactions with customers and prospects.
• Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on new marketing campaigns.
• Leverage selling techniques to successfully close sale and bind the business insurance policy
• Communicate effectively with a businessowner to understand the risks that face the business owner and how insurance products may assist them in managing those risks
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Basic PC aptitude
• 1-2 years sales experience or 4-year college degree
• Be flexible regarding changes needed to service the customer
• Strong customer service skills
• Requires property and casualty license for state(s) in which you live, work and service
• Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
Compensation range for this position starts at $37,500 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.