The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Director, Business Performance Analytics - Employee Experience
Posted on May 19 Hartford, CT 10 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a proven, passionate and results-focused Data Analytics leader to own and design a KPI/Metrics infrastructure that supports the ongoing design and build out of our Employee Experience strategy.
This position will sit in Workforce Analytics (HR) directly supporting our VP, Employee Experience and works in partnership with the broader Enterprise Customer Experience (ECX) Team to leverage best practices and common resources.
The Business Performance Analytics Director will work as both a technical business resource and analyst to help prioritize requirements based on value and effort, perform data analyses, and drive actionable insights. The successful candidate is organized, self-motivated, enjoys analyzing large datasets, and has demonstrated the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Develop a thorough understanding of available data across Travelers and collaborate with data owners to design, consolidate and present core information available to the larger Employee Experience Team
• Use a variety of analytic methods to explore hypothesis/gain insight related to the employee journey
• Communicate insights across HR, ECX and enterprise audiences using data visualization and storytelling skills
• Develop dashboards to manage insights, trends and issue tracking, team performance and employee productivity
• Use data visualization tools to report on results of on-going operations and projects
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manipulate and present complex raw data and leads the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Accountable for business analytics support across multiple initiatives
- Interprets complex data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities.
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights and influence decision/outcomes to leadership.
- Leverages industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify and implement business opportunities based on trends and analytics.
- Proactively coordinates with cross functional teams on varying business initiatives.
- Influences business strategy to leadership by prioritizing investments based on translating insights to business value
- Facilitates collaboration with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is consistent for business-critical analysis
- Builds strategic business partnerships with IT, Operations, Finance, Data Management and Business Functional areas.
- Performs and/or directs the completion of reasonability and validation tests.
- Oversees the designs and ensures the execution Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies.
- Monitors performance indicators and implements possible improvements.
- Communicates the financial impact of recommendations.
- Interpret model results and identify when to apply them.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and 4 years analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Typically has 5 or more years of experience in Descriptive Analytics or related field.
- Typically has 2 or more years of experience in Employee Experience, Customer Experience or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data elements to each other.
- Working knowledge of tools like SAS and SQL preferred.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of CX tools and survey design preferred.
- One or more years of technical team project leadership or people management experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel, database programming language and related applications.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, intermediate leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Intermediate ability to develop employees preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.