The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Customer Service Representative - Business Insurance
Posted on May 21 Spokane, WA 204 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Start a career with Travelers as a Customer Service Representative in Business Insurance! No prior insurance experience needed. We provide paid training and Medical/Dental benefits effective day one.
This position is currently a virtual position. However, once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, you will report to the local office.
The start date is 8/2/2021.
The hours of training are either 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET or 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT. Your schedule after training will remain similar (9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET and 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT).
Under direct supervision, the Customer Service Representative builds and maintains effective relationships primarily with customers, handling a high volume of inbound calls. As a trainee, this position provides telephonic customer service at a level consistent with Travelers' Business Center quality and productivity goals. This role also assists customers and agents with quotes, policy inquiries and changes, billing questions and technical support. The Customer Service Representative may also work closely with other business partners to handle key requests.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts.
- Responds to customers/agents and/or other business partners on requests for quotes or changes to existing policies.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent and/or other business partner request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product. New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.