Senior Manager - Allstate Roadside Product Portfolio
Posted on May 24 Northbrook, IL 139 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Allstate Roadside technology team is looking for an amazing Senior Manager to drive the strategic vision for our Provider Suite of applications supporting Allstate Roadside (AR). This individual will work with the Provider Business Sponsors, Product SME’s, and provider supporting teams to drive and deliver upon key business initiatives and drive the long-term Provider strategic technology roadmap and digital initiatives. At AR, each product team operates as a self-directed autonomous entity that partners with the business to deliver on mutually defined KPIs and then execute on that work using a proven agile development & product management methodology.
- Responsible for managing 3-4 leaders with a team of total 20+ resources. In addition, they will be working in matrixed environement with other business units
- Establish, constantly improve, and execute upon strategic product development and delivery. Manage overall product pipeline to ensure optimal delivery while maintaining a highly engaged, energized, and efficient team
- Develop and drive strategy, invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits and to elicit their feedback to potential product concepts and/or to released product iterations.
- Articulate broad business needs into non-ambiguous targeted Agile stories that are usable by development teams
- Design, execute, and report on controlled metrics-based tests to determine the actual value for all new features
- Build buy-in for product strategy, business cases, and roadmaps that demonstrate how activities will translate into meeting KPIs and delivering customer and enterprise value
- Ensure all stakeholders remain sufficiently educated on all relevant progress and decisions
- Run demos and professional meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Facilitate and encourage the adoption of Agile and SAFe delivery processes across the organization
- Identify and quickly remove roadblocks to keep processes running smoothly
- Manage multiple, concurrent product development efforts in various departments (focused primarily on technology and business outcomes)
- Lead activities to ensure the team environment is fun, quirky, and energetic
- 10+ years of experience in fast-paced Enterprise Technology organization
- 5+ years of performing as a Software Engineering Manager, Product Manager, or Technology leader
- A high-energy, expert communicator to both technical and non-technical team members, brimming with positive, proactive energy
- An effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership and high performance in the team you lead
- An independent thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A data-driven decision maker who blends sound business judgment with strong analytical thinking
- Incredibly focused and attentive to detail, even while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize tasks for yourself and others, plus remain productive while balancing multiple projects (Awesome at task prioritization, organization, and problem solving)
- Hungry for knowledge and understanding of both technical and business details
- High level of maturity; comfortable leading meetings with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Experienced in driving strategic business / technology vision
- Dynamic leadership skills with ability to motivate teams
- Expert level understanding of agile (XP, Kanban or Scrum)
- Skilled at making decisions in high-pressure situations
Salary range for this position is $130,000-$170,000/yr plus up to 20% yearly bonus potential
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.