Willis Towers Watson
Pension Outsourcing Benefits Analyst (Experienced)
Posted on May 24 Dallas, TX 17 views
Our Pension Analysts perform recurring plan administration services, data analyses, calculations and work assignments for clients’ defined benefit plans under the supervision of senior analysts. You will assist with project work and other ad hoc client support services as requested.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
As a Pension Analyst you will:
- Perform, recurring plan administration tasks for clients’ defined benefit plans (e.g., calculate benefits, update annual data, and prepare benefit packages)
- Identify data issues based on documented processes
- Set up payments and input trustee system changes
- Draft routine administrative procedures and implement them
- Managing, triaging and responding to escalated participant benefit inquiries
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritizing work and coordinating several projects at one time
- Work cooperatively with other team members to complete tasks and to ensure unified delivery of services
- Maintain complete and accurate work papers and audit trails and adhere to plan documents and government regulations in administering plans
- Gain a thorough understanding of the plan design (e.g., benefit formulas, options, eligibility)
- Actively participate in team meetings and training activities
- Bachelor’s degree or prior benefits administration experience required.
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical, and/or client service and leadership skills
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Ability to prioritize and have good attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel (i.e. pivot tables and lookup functions)
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. As part of the unprecedented response to coronavirus and to ensure the safety of all our employees we request that your initial employment with us be done remotely. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and inform you when it is safe to begin working onsite in our Denver office. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other Willis Towers Watson locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
The salary compensation range being offered for this role is $43,000 to $49,000. This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
Willis Towers Watson provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.