Lead Test Engineer- (Home based worker- remote)
Posted on May 25 Northbrook, IL 394 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$130,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required. The final salary offered will be determined based on the interviews.
The Test Engineer Lead Consultant is a technical leader in the organization. The Test Engineer Lead Consultant provides oversight and guidance across quality control automation throughout the organization and focuses on the creation/execution of automated test scripts on medium to high complexity projects. Also, the Lead Consultant provides direction and leadership on test strategy, script execution, test automation framework and test environment design, designs and implements test automation architecture and designs, modifies and enhances the test automation framework.
- Define and implement a test strategy that enables and supports a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline and work across multiple teams to ensure the test strategy is implemented and followed
- Provide technical and strategic leadership around automation and maintain high complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web-services framework
- Collaborate with delivery partners and developers to build solutions on testing and automation to achieve CI/CD
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as SME for external environment team communications
- Quality advocate across the enterprise – mentoring and leading junior team members to influence quality across all areas including development, business, product management etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels internal and external to their team
- Decision maker and problem solver across all teams influencing strategies and technologies for best practice
- Assess areas across the enterprise and lead teams to anticipate and prevent potential issues and articulate dependencies to the stakeholders
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities – prepared to take on any role within an Agile team and participate in Sprint planning, release planning and backlog refinement, retrospectives
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Experience constructing test plans and executing these plans across functional, regression and system testing and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience using test management tools (e.g. HPQC, Jira – Zephyr)
- Experience utilizing automation tools (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Web service testing, Performance testing, Continuous integration
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience mentoring/teaching junior team members
- Strong communication & analytical skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.