Junior Product Security Engineer-REMOTE Home Based Worker
Posted on May 25 Northbrook, IL 4 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES 1-2+ YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE. ONLY ACEDEMIC EXPERIENCE/PROJECTS WILL NOT SUFFICE!
Product Security is tasked to develop a security framework within the Allstate SDLCs, establish a software security assurance process, and work with product delivery teams to build applications securely from start to finish.
The Junior Product Security Engineer will be responsible for assisting in integrating security into the development of Allstate’s applications. The Junior Product Security Engineer will work closely with the product and software development team to threat model and vulnerability scan the early software, system, and network architecture and identify required control points in the application stack. The Junior Product Security Engineer will also work closely with developers to diagnose, document, and remediate application security vulnerabilities. The junior Product Security Engineer will also be responsible for assisting in evaluating, recommending, and implementing application security related software in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment.
- Work closely with application development and platform teams to help formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Develop and maintain a balanced application security program based on a well-defined application security framework
- Conduct application security assessments and implement tools for dynamic/automated code reviews
- Ensure application design and implementation best-practice with role-based and appropriate access standards, as well as integration with Identity and Access Management environments.
- Ensure compliance with society, regulatory, and industry standards for application security.
- Continuously evaluate the organization’s existing application security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrating concrete improvements to the application assurance program within the organization.
- Provide secure application development training to developers and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Conduct code reviews
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests designed to ensure security controls are tested on every build
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate would be 50% programmer and 50% hacker. Examples of qualifications that resemble this profile are as follows:
- 1-2+ years’ professional experience in a software development field such as Software Developer, Architect, Software Quality Assurance, or Application Security Engineer
- Proficient in at least one of the following development languages: C#, C++, Java, .NET, Node.js, or Python
- Possess a strong understanding of application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven etc.
- Creative, organized, responsive, and highly thorough problem solver
- Possess strong business acumen with ability to work with application development, QA and security teams.
- Possess a restlessness or desire to break into things.
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently.
- Has solid understanding and experience with establishing software development policies across an organization.
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership; proficiency in preparation of presentations, analytical reports, and documents regarding program operational status, achievement and performance.
- Understanding and Passion for Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban
- Understanding of Test Driven Development built on User Stories
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery/CI/CD
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and services, such as AWS.
- Familiarity with Metasploit, Burp Suite, Fuzzing, and Jenkins is preferred.
- Familiarity with code reviews and penetration testing preferred.
- OSCP, OSCE, OSWE, CEH, or GWAPT Certifications are a major plus.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$85,000/yr
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.