Willis Towers Watson
Actuarial Consultant -Strategic Risk Consulting
Posted on May 26 New York, NY 4 views
Corporate Risk and Broking (CRB)
The clients of this segment of WTW consist of non-insurance corporations. We advise these companies on all aspects of risk management and insurance purchase.
Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Strategic Risk Consulting (SRC) is a global business within CRB that provides risk strategy advice on a consulting basis to large accounts in the major industries such as energy, aviation, healthcare and financial services. We use data, analytics and technology together with the market and specialist knowledge of our broking teams to optimize the risk transfer strategy of our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual in New York City, Boston or Kansas City that draws upon the traditional P&C actuarial skills of commercial and specialty lines pricing and reserving. In addition to excellent technical competencies, outstanding communication skills are critical for this role. The role will conduct actuarial pricing and reserving analyses for large individual account risks, as well as deliver analyses internally and externally to clients.
• Reconciling and analyzing data sources and prior analyses;
• Using existing actuarial models for reserve analyses, loss forecasting and other custom analyses;
• Problem-solving using spreadsheets, databases, and other resources to produce client deliverables;
• Developing client communications, including reports and other correspondence;
• Presenting results to colleagues and clients; and
• Sitting for actuarial exams.
The ideal consultant exhibits the following behaviors:
• Exhibits willingness and ability to learn technical material quickly
• Can clearly explain technical concepts in appropriate detail
• Builds strong working relationships
• Well organized and exhibits positive attitude
• Shows initiative
• Sets effective priorities and can handle multiple projects under tight timeframes
• Responds constructively to different viewpoints, changing priorities and new conditions
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or related field
• 3-5 years of relevant actuarial experience, especially commercial lines pricing or reserving
• Passed 5 or more actuarial exams (completed MAS-II)
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, plus an interest in learning new tools
• Detail-oriented and good organization skills, with the ability to work independently
• Experience in programing in any of the following are a positive: SAS, R, SQL, Python, or VBA
• Ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a team environment
• Interest and ability to understand how one’s work fits into the broader context
• Additional skills and experience that will be favorable include:
o Predictive modeling experience
o Experience with simulation software such as Igloo, Emblem or other similar software
EOE, including disability/vets