Agency Service Delivery & Underwriting Leader (ASDU) - (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on May 27 Northbrook, IL 294 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Agency Service Delivery & Underwriting Leader
Provides direct people leadership, motivation, and support to positively influence the accomplishment of goals, maximize growth and improve business performance for the organization. Demonstrates intermediate knowledge for managing all facets of assigned team and handles the achievement of department / enterprise goals and objectives, programs, policies, and procedures in a business area gained through experience and training.
Schedule: Start time is as early as 9:00AM Eastern Time and can work as late as 9:00PM Eastern Time depending on schedule/shift, which is to be determined. The actual schedule will be determined at a later date.
Compensation range for this position is from $56,000 to $90,800 per year based on experience and qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS.
Lead People Resources
- Manage/lead front-line employees (Allstate/vendor partners).
- Creates a positive and satisfying work environment using recognition, empowerment, listening, valuing diversity, and acting as a role model for others.
- Direct workflow of unit and assign job responsibilities according to unit goals.
- Establish/communicate job performance standards and work procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews, evaluates employee potential and recommends employee promotions, merit increases, or terminations.
- Interview applicants and recommend hire.
- Identify training needs, coordinates with Education/Training Division, and ensures completion of effective training.
- Counsel employees on performance and attitude.
- Implement the Company's Affirmation Action goals for the selection, training, development, and promotion of minority group members and women.
- Work in a team environment that emphasizes diverse cultures.
- Administer Human Resources guidelines and policy and resolves employee’s issues and concerns regarding these policies.
- Lead teams that use digital technology and be proficient in Live Engage Platform
- Provide information to employees and management, participate in and lead meetings.
- Construct and deliver formal and/or informal presentations.
- Assist employees in interpreting information, understanding, and applying basic principles, policies and procedures.
Develop and Coordinate Workflow
- Establish and maintain production standards and measurement methods.
- Review, monitor, and evaluate individual production and quality
- Report production/quality status and statistics.
- Organize information and determine action required.
- Develops strategies and objectives directed toward meeting unit goals and exceeding customer expectations.
- Identifies variances to planned performance, evaluates options and recommends/implements actions and makes changes as needed.
- Serve as a technical resource to staff questions regarding procedures and customer inquiries.
- Leads projects of lower complexity.
- Able to work first or second shift
- Documents progress of project to include key measurements and opportunity areas.
- Communicates the status of projects to leadership team and key stakeholders external to the department.
- Understands and operates software and/or hardware necessary of position.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Leadership Experience in a Call Center environment preferred
- Understand and work in a Continuous Improvement Environment (McKinsey)
- Working Knowledge of Live Engage Digital Platform
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation and mission of the specific department.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.