Contact Center Team Leader (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on May 27 Northbrook, IL 1 view
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Contact Center Team Leader is part of Allstate Direct. This position demonstrates basic knowledge for managing all facets of assigned team. In this role, the person manages critical performance indicators, and provides guidance & coaching to reach company targets. The Contact Center Team Leader observes day to day interactions between frontline employees/customers and develops specific coaching plans to help frontline employees exceed goals. This position manages multiple goals, objectives, programs, policies, and procedures in a business area gained through experience and training.
Work Hours: Must be flexible to work second shift and weekends if needed
Location: This is a remote position
Note: Home Based Workers are required to have internet speed minimums of 50MBPS for download and 5MBPS for upload.
- Manage and lead front-line employees (Allstate/vendor partners) by creating a highly motivated and rewarding work environment using guidance, feedback recognition, empowerment, listening, valuing diversity, and acting as a role model for others
- Develops strategies and objectives directed toward meeting unit goals, handling and resolving customer escalations, and exceeding customer expectations
- Direct workflow of unit and assign job responsibilities according to unit goals, including the management of demand and capacity to ensure an exceptional, personal, and effortless customer experience
- Establish/communicate vision and mission messaging, job performance standards, and work procedures
- Identifies and addresses training needs in all critical processes, procedures, and business rules including the most current and up to date sales/service processes depending on assigned team
- Manage team performance, and make recommendations/implement action plans to help employees succeed
- Conduct performance reviews, evaluates employee potential, and recommend employee promotions, merit increases, or terminations
- Establish and maintain production standards and measurement methods by aiding employees in interpreting information, understanding, and applying basic principles, policies and procedures.
- Effectively provide coaching, guidance, and feedback by practicing talk paths, expectation setting and sales techniques (when applicable)
- Committed to creating and supporting an inclusive work environment and administering Human Resources guidelines and policies and resolves employee’s issues and concerns regarding these policies
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain Property & Casualty (P&C) License
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interview applicants, assess sales and or customer service skills, and recommend hire
Compensation range for this position is $56,000 - $62,000/year. Actual salary offered will depend on selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.