PMO Associate Manager - (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 1 Northbrook, IL 84 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
The Role of the PMO Associate Manager is to lead the IT organization by: fostering the development of a common vision; providing clear direction and priorities; clarifying roles and responsibilities; recognizing and removing barriers to progress; encouraging and empowering others to achieve; creating enthusiasm and a desire to excel; accurately assessing the strengths and development needs of associates; giving timely, specific feedback and coaching; providing challenging assignments and opportunities. Ideal canddiate will be responsible for providing leadership to the organization by growing him/herself, growing others and growing the business.
The Manager leads team members, manages time and cost estimates, assigns people to work, collects feedback, reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance evaluations. Leads work of critical importance, implement strategic change, and impact results and operational effectiveness. Additionally, they confer with and advise direct reports on administrative policies and procedures, risks, issues, problem resolution, sourcing decisions, budget and priorities. This manager will have dual responsibility between resource management and delivery.
- Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Champions open and honest communication
- Respects confidentiality
- Leads with integrity
- Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
- Sets clear performance objectives for self and staff allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- We hold each other accountable to encourage and embrace our collective differences. It’s our individual characteristics, values and beliefs, along with backgrounds and experiences that give us fresh perspective and purpose. We work harder, meet customer needs more effectively, share better, and identify more innovative ideas when we are accepted for who we are by the world around us. At Allstate, every voice counts.
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using one’s self as an example.
General Management, Decision Making and Delivery
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Business Partner Management
- Influences direct reports, clients and service providers to successfully deliver on business commitments.
- Sets and manages internal business partner expectations.
- Participates in communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial.
- 3+ Preferred experience with managing a data organization within technology
- Strong technical acumen and knowledge with agile transformations
- Preferred knowledge of agile tools and framework, such as Version 1/Agility
- Prior experience working in a team oriented collaborative environment
- Education – Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$132,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.