Product Manager (Remote)
Posted on Jun 1 Northbrook, IL 447 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, you’ll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of today’s most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading 'day to day', 'sprint to sprint', 'release to release', 'Product to Product', 'Portfolio' and 'Strategy' level activities related to building data products and/or software products/services. The role works with a large agile team to represent the customer in defining requirements within agile ceremonies. The Product Manager must understand the product/service vision by managing and prioritizing the product backlog. The product Manager has the ability to manage and mentor junior Product Managers.
- Structures strategic conversations, Drives Business Area Strategy, is the Go/to Expert for Product & Business Area
- Writes thought leadership emails, Communicates clearly in group meetings, Writes and gives presentations to enterprise
- Leads and facilitates business area processes, Proactively solves potential problems with other product teams, Effectively influences the priorities of other squads/functions
- Uses basic story writing, bugs, roadmap mgmt. tools, Uses basic analytics, Constructs prototypes successfully
- Describe value add (KPIs)
- Can shift PO capabilities between products
- Writes specs/stories for major products with little-no errors, Delivers major products with little-no bugs on time, Achieves successful product delivery outcomes consistently
- Leads in-person or remote interviews without bias to collect use cases, Uses remote usability resting successfully
- Generates high value from User Science tools that strongly influences product direction, Able to empathize successfully with different user types to reach successful product conclusions
- Ability to manage and mentor associate PM's, Manage more associate PMs successfully
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SAFe Agilest, SAFe PO/PM, 3Back, or formal Agile certification training desired
- Demonstrated ability leading teams (agile teams preferred).
- Basic understanding of product development concepts.
- Ability to create and facilitate formal presentations and demos to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across multiple office locations and develop strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and make sound business decisions.
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
Salary range is $64,700 to $138,000. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.