Operations Research Data Scientist (Remote)
Posted on Jun 1 Northbrook, IL 3 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Data Science team at Allstate Roadside maximizes the marketplace efficiency of our services though influencing the supply and demand of rescues and rescue providers in real time. This involves developing a fundamental understanding of the rescuer behavior in a rapidly changing market, creating dynamic pricing strategies that can influence the supply of rescue providers in an area that is seeing a surge in demand. This ensures our customers enjoy the highest customer service while our rescue providers are able to maximize their earnings.
As an Operations Research Data Scientist on the Allstate Roadside team, you have a unique opportunity to flex your quantitative muscles in operations research, statistics and machine learning to solve high impact , open ended questions, prototype novel machine learning algorithms in production and engage in large scale experimentation on a country wide network. You will be working with a team of talented data scientists, engineers and business team to make an impact to the lives of our customers and bring value to the business.
- Work on optimizing real time dispatch systems and build scalable solutions to solve challenging problems.
- Contribute to entire life cycle of machine learning models from ideation to deployment , monitoring and retraining.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for data science problems.
- Understand ambiguous business problems and convert them into data science solutions ie create insights, decisions, white papers and models.
- Develop deep understanding of the business. Research solutions to recommend strategies that impact key organization metrics. Learn quickly and adapt to changing business needs.
- Ph.D./M.S. in Econometrics, Operations Research, Statistics or related quantitative field.
- Hands-on experience in implementing, maintaining, and running machine learning models in production.
- Expertise in mathematical optimization, and implementing scalable tailored solution approaches and heuristics to solve optimization problems. Experience building real-time optimization engines and predictive modeling. Direct experience working on dynamic pricing for balancing supply and demand in a complex marketplace is a big plus.
- Experience designing experiments and ability to infer causal relationships. (Nice to have)
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, developing, and implementing software in Python.
- Motivation to accomplish work solo and collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- A blend of operations research, machine learning and experimental design that lets you jump into a fast-paced environment and contribute from day one.
Highly preferred: Previous work experience in some of the following areas:
- Capacity planning
- Network flow optimization
- Pricing and promotions optimization
- Location intelligence
- Demand forecasting
- Causal inferencing
- Experimental design
- Multi armed bandits
- Market mixed models.
Salary range is $86K to $130K. Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is bonus eligible.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.