Willis Towers Watson
Talent Line of Business Leader - Chicago
Posted on Jun 1 Chicago, IL 226 views
We have the unique ability to use insights to drive impact. That means we ground everything we do in a deep understanding of what people care about – what makes them tick, what’s inhibiting change, what really matters. And we use that to fuel their EX, shaping high-value, high-impact people solutions – and delivering them in a way that sparks behavior change and drives business
Our people come from diverse backgrounds and bring a range of skills and capabilities – we’re insights masters, change catalysts, storytellers, culture shapers, org strategists, digital champions and more. Our colleague know the power of bringing these capabilities and our offerings together to architect high-impact solutions for our clients’ most complex challenges.
Together, we’re all about powering ambitions—of our colleagues, our clients and their people.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
As the Office Line of Business Leader (OLL) for the Talent business in the Greater Chicago and Wisconsin markets, you are an integral part of each market’s local Leadership Team, the Midwest Talent business leadership team and the Extended Talent NA Leadership Team. The OLL will have P&L responsibility, will drive the sales and marketing strategy, manage and expand large client relationships, and serve as strategic advisor to clients concerning all their Talent related issues; including Talent Management and Organizational Alignment, Communications and Change Management, Employee Insights, HR Software and Talent Assessments. You will lead and develop the local team and help drive the staffing, recruiting and talent development strategy. You’ll also be asked to contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the Talent LOB. Your team leadership and personal contributions will have impact on local, divisional and national P&L as well as Willis Towers Watson’s global brand and market share.
- Sales and marketing strategy: Primary accountability for leading and executing a business strategy to penetrate the market, introduce new clients to the firm and expand relationships with current clients to meet annual revenue goals. To help achieve these goals, you will partner with local and regional leaders and senior sellers across the Human Capital & Benefits Segment, BDA and Corporate Risk & Broking to position the Talent LOB to:
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell new products and services
- Collaborate with Client Management Group and sales teams to identify, develop and close strategic sales opportunities
- Build relationships with internal and external sources to maximize the penetration of key target accounts
- Operations management, P&L responsibilities: Contribute to development of plans and budgets, delivering planned performance and ensuring both local market and regional units generate revenue, profit and market share growth in accordance with the local, regional and geography LOB plan
- Partner with other TLOB regional, national and local leaders to ensure business stabilization during key areas of transition (e.g., proposed Aon combination)
- People management and development: Develop and execute on strategic staffing plans for each market, including all people processes (e.g., recruiting, training and development, goal setting and performance management, employee engagement and
- compensation/bonus recommendations)
- Lead people management process: Establish People Management team and ensure all aspects of the performance and pay process are executed effectively for your team
- Collaboration: Collaborate across Region (s), Geography, LOBs and Segments to effectively pursue and deliver on multi-faceted global opportunities
- Client relationship management and delivery: Responsible for all aspects of local delivery of Willis Towers Watson advisory, data and technology solutions for the LOB. Collaborate with the Talent LOB Practice Leaders, local and regional LOB leaders and CRDs to develop client strategies to deepen, broaden and build profitable relationships, including the management and deployment of staff to effectively deliver client work.
- Strategy, new product, IC development: Support the development, commercialization and dissemination of IC in cooperation with IC leadership. Be the face of Talent LOB in your market.
- Ensure appropriate governance and work quality process are adopted on all work carried out
- 10+ years of business experience, including demonstrated team leadership
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Talent and Rewards programs and processes covering Talent Management and Organizational Alignment, Communications and Change Management, Employee Insights and Assessments
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data and develop insights
- Proven success working independently as well as working collaboratively to assist others in generating a deal flow
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders within the segment and the geography
- Keen business acumen and proven ability to align clients’ business strategies and programs
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced evolving business environment and operate fairly independently
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
EOE, including disability/vets