Actuarial Senior Consultant - Allstate Benefits
Posted on Jun 2 Jacksonville, FL 260 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The actuarial job family is responsible for actuarial related analysis and thought leadership related to Allstate Benefits product and financial management.
Apply basic actuarial skills in performance of specific research and general analysis and to develop procedures in support of actuarial management. Develop advanced actuarial knowledge
- Develop and analyze actuarial and related items and data relating to pricing, valuation, experience analysis, or product development
- Develop and recommend actuarial assumptions.
- Monitor and revise existing analytical procedures
- Calculate reserve amounts
- Assist in analyzing financial implications of proposed plans, products and regulatory changes
- Develop/monitor/recommend system enhancements
- Research aberrations in statistical data
- Assist in preparation of and perform routine analysis of specific financial statement items, tax audits and internal reports
- Develop specific items for strategic and operating plans
- Analyze actuarial and related data where established objectives and procedures are usually available
- Research and implement product design, pricing and financial administration
- Calculate overall rate level/adequacy needs
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in development of pricing policies
- Perform persistency, mortality, morbidity and expense studies
- Research specific policy design alternatives
- Provide direction to operations and systems
- Develop actuarial knowledge and skills
- Progress in SOA exams
- Advance actuarial knowledge by studying actuarial topics
- Apply exam topics to work projects
- Meet requirements of Allstate Financial’s Actuarial Career Program
- Assist in development of complex computer applications
- Provide systems definitions for product design, actuarial formulae and procedures
- Coordinate and perform end user testing
- Provide programming as directed
- Manage computer data files
- Communicate/document information
- Write moderately complex reports and proposals
- Document complex procedures, problems and analysis of data
- Train inexperienced staff in routine department procedures
- Serve of task forces, committees and team groups
- Coordinate and participate in meetings to provide/obtain information
- Write summaries of reports, articles and meetings attended
- Respond to inquiries where routine investigation is required
- 3 – 6 years of working experience
- Broad knowledge of business area processes
- Can apply and integrate this knowledge to achieve business goals and strategy at the team level and beyond
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.