Investments Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Posted on Jun 2 Northbrook, IL 91 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The purpose of the department is to provide financial planning, analysis, and management reporting on key financial and economic drivers for Allstate’s investment portfolio. The Finance and Planning department offers a supportive, diverse, team-based culture. We invest in our employees by offering many professional development opportunities. We continuously work to improve our planning, analysis, and management reporting accountabilities through system and process enhancements. We value leadership, self-management, initiative, flexibility and innovation.
The scope of this job is to provide analysis, story lining and reporting of investment portfolio results in a data and analytics rich environment. The ideal candidate has managerial experience to lead a team based out of Allstate’s home office and ANI (Belfast).
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Senior Manager will include:
- Oversight of the investment portfolio income statement close, including managing team timelines, control processes and other priorities
- FP&A representative in Investment Finance monthly/quarterly close related meetings, contributing thought leadership and subject matter expertise to decision making
- Key business unit contact for investment portfolio financial statement close timing and results
- Investment Finance lead for internal management reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results provided to senior leadership and support for SEC reporting, quarterly earnings release and analyst call preparation
- Hands-on and complex analysis of investment portfolio results, including evaluation and summarization of detailed level data to communicate drivers of variances and trends
- Reporting of progress toward overall Investment goals, requiring a thorough understanding of planned, forecasted and actual results
- Continuous improvement of analytical and reporting processes
- Participating in preparing presentations for Board of Director and internal committees
- Management and development of staff
- Management of team level projects, as assigned
- Financial reporting and financial statement analysis, investment focus preferred
- Ability to understand, analyze and succinctly summarize financial results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with various levels of management via reports, memos, and verbal communications
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments and deadline driven
10+ years of experience in complex financial analysis, accounting or internal management reporting, preferably in the Investments area.
Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word, with Power BI a plus
Bachelors Degree - Required
Major preference: Accounting, Finance or Economics (MBA and/or CPA/CFA a plus)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.