Willis Towers Watson
Carrier Relationship Manager - Finmar
Posted on Jun 2 New York, NY 240 views
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The Carrier Relationship Manager is responsible for building and fostering relationships with FINMAR Carriers that write the FINEX lines of business in North America. As a part of the FINMAR Marketing Services (FMS) team the Carrier Relationship Manager provides data analytics, carrier advocacy, pipeline management and reporting services to the carriers, with the ultimate aim of helping them to improve their proposition, competitive edge and visibility within the financial lines marketplace.
- Building relationships with clients and working closely with them to monitor and measure performance against agreed service levels for quoting, placement, policy production and claims service. It will also be necessary to regularly attend meetings with clients, for who detailed reports and analysis is provided on a quarterly basis
- Gain an in-depth understanding of FINEX products (e.g. Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Professional Liability, Crime, Cyber, etc) and related insurance concepts, working closely with the FINEX placing/claims teams to fully understand insurers business, requirements and the services we provide and improve the proposition for FINEX when dealing with insurers
- Develop, analyze, interpret and present detailed analytical client reports
- Build relationships with FINEX colleagues in order to understand changes in FINEX strategy, challenges and provide advice on changes to client appetite as and when required
- Build and develop relationships with FINMAR colleagues in Mumbai and Ipswich to monitor finances, manage budget and develop analytical data
- Work closely with members of the FMS team worldwide to ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of data and ensure a consistent global delivery of services
- 5+ years insurance industry experience in a client facing role
- Knowledge of financial lines clients, markets and products
- Ability to analyse, present and interpret detailed analytical data/client reports
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Licenses as required by state law
- Highly articulate and able to communicate and influence with confidence and credibility at all levels, delivery to suit audience and adjust behavior to suit the environment
- Ability to drive conflict resolution without compromising client relationship
- Problem solving skills, innovative and creative
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team, while working against tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, with a high-level focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach and willing undertake additional responsibilities within FMS as and when required
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
EOE, including disability/vets