IT Operations Portfolio Manager
Posted on Jun 3 Northbrook, IL 282 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
LOCATION: Northbrook IL or REMOTE
Travel: As needed to Northbrook Office if not local to Northbrook, IL
The Enterprise Shared Services houses all of Allstate's internal Technology assets that consist of the following functions: Finance, Agency Compensations, Risk and Compliance, Employee Technology, Artificail Intelligence Center of Excellence, Agency Voice, Payments and Billing, etc.
The Protection Product and Services is all of the non-personal and property customer facing lines of business within the insurance industry
The Protection Products Services (PPS) and Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) organizations are looking for a self-starter to lead the Technology Operations Office across both organizations.
The IT Portfolio Manager role is a cross-functional thought leadership and people leadership role focused on putting product team efficiencies first. The IT Portfolio Manager will manage 4 on-shore and 2 off-shore resources as well as a portfolio of products including Real Estate and Administration Tehnology.
- Streamline and Simplify multiple enterprise initiatives that have overlapping requirements for product teams
- Find insightful operational and production metrics to report on
- Design and Execute operational efficiency exercises and drills for product teams
- Support product teams in goal creation, plan development and executive readouts
- Collaborate with enterprise domain owners on TCO reductions, application rationalization and other company standards
- Collaborate closely with shared service areas such as Information Security, Data Strategy, Release Management, Database Administrators, Finance, Program Management Office, etc. to find common solutions on enterprise initiatives
- Lead enterprise initiatives on behalf of ESS and PPS
- Minimum 3 years in IT operations- ITIL, ITSM, Disaster Recovery, IT cost structure, IT efficiencies, Eliminating Redundancies, Application Rationalization, etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Agile
- Analytical mindset; process complex information to explore relevant facts and form a credible solution
- Excellent customer service track record including handling complaints from multiple stakeholders and achieving customer satisfaction
- Ability to negotiate a “win-win” situation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and executive presence
- Resourceful and a "go getter" attitude
- Deft with Excel and PowerPoint
- Fast learner and quick on their toes
- Ability to address and resolve conflict at various levels
- Ability to win over stakeholders and present "data and analytics that tell a story"
- Passionate about problem solving
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$150,000/yr. plus up to 10% yearly bonus potential
Salary offered is commensurate with experience and skills required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.