The Travelers Companies, Inc.
HR Operations Associate
Posted on Jun 3 Saint Paul, MN 4 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Employee Services Unit is a global inbound contact and transaction processing center that handles general HR questions within the five centers of excellence: Benefits, Contact Center, Payroll, Staffing Operations, and Talent Management Administration supporting USA, Canada, UK, and Ireland.
As a part of the Contact Center, the Associate, HR Operations, gains and understanding and knowledge of Travelers HR policies and practices. Serves as primary contact for HR related questions from current and past employees in addition to internal and external customers. Supports questions spanning all areas of HR including but not limited to payroll, time tracking, benefits, leaves of absences, compensation, performance management, pension, and staffing. Contact channels this role supports may include phone, email, chat, and self-service.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and applies concepts of HR policies, practices, and technology to effectively provide guidance and resolutions to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for routine data entry and case support.
- Handles various customer transactions to ensure timely and accurate results (i.e. paycheck, benefits, and HR data).
- Researches, analyzes and resolves issues utilizing various HR technologies and internal reference materials.
- Tracks all inquiries and escalates to other areas across HR to provide resolution as needed.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all questions/concerns from internal and external customers.
Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related preferred.
- 1 year of HR or equivalent customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Customer service oriented, verbal and written communication skills, results driven, excellent organization, and prioritization skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.