The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jun 3 Saint Paul, MN 193 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience or familiarity with the following:
- Build and deployment tools, such as MSBuild and Ant
- Scripting languages, such as Groovy and Python
- Source control tools Git and SVN
- CI/CD orchestration tools such as Jenkins, including the use of Jenkins files and “Pipeline as Code”), IBM Urban Code Deploy (UCD), ArgoCD and GitHub Actions
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (pCF), AWS and OpenShift cloud and container platforms
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Microservices concept
- Experience with C# and Angular programming
- Databases and database tools, including MSSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Trunk-based development
- Team collaboration and content management such as Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint and MS Teams
- Development tools such as SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio and VS Code
- Distributed environments (i.e. Windows/J2EE) and underlying infrastructure
- Ticketing and work tracking with such tools as BMC Remedy, CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), Service Now and Jira
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.