The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Cybersecurity Technologist - Awareness & Training
Posted on Jun 3 Hartford, CT 166 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Acts as a point of contact for the Cybersecurity phishing platform and learning management system and other cyber awareness and training elements to business partners within assigned area. Develops and deploys phishing tests and training content. Supports and maintains systems to ensure the integrity of company information and resources. Supports the investigation, identification, and resolution of Cybersecurity issues with the phishing platform and learning management systems. Interfaces with internal and external entities to ensure adherence to Cybersecurity procedures and policies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational support, trouble shooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products.
- Independently analyze and resolve problems of medium to high complexity.
- Configure, test, document and manage the phishing platform and learning management systems as directed.
- Design, develop, build, and deploy Cybersecurity training content, phishing exercises, and reporting related to Learning & Awareness.
- Recommends changes to area procedures and products. Implements with management review.
- Support reviewing or identifying and responding to security events and escalating to management.
- Consults with business peers to support and resolve cybersecurity events.
- Understands and has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects.
- Participate in Security and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Act as a security representative at technology meetings and audit/regulatory inquiries for Learning & Awareness products and practices.
- Keep informed of current cyber threats and trends to inform Learning & Awareness initiatives.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and/or phishing testing platforms a plus.
- Strong focus on customer experience required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving:
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above self.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Works with the project manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- On call as needed.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.