Willis Towers Watson
Posted on Jun 3 New York, NY 26 views
This role provides an excellent opportunity for long-term career growth by enhancing one’s benefits acumen, client management and project management skills with one of the world’s leading benefits advisory firms.
• Provide superior client service in response to day to day service issues and questions (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance, etc.)
• Contribute to the marketing process including gathering vendor/client information, preparing and analyzing benchmark data, developing RFPs, etc.
• Work with Senior Client Managers and Account Executives to develop project plans, and manage teams to deliver on project goals
• Play a key role in the client open enrollment process including preparing materials and presentations, organizing and conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, updating accounting/tracking systems, etc.
• Manage completion of reports and administrative actions for clients including Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, monthly reporting of client and carrier information, summary plan descriptions, certificates, etc.
• Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships
• Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas and materials, coordinate resources, etc.)
• Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources
• 2-3+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience
• Knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
• Strong client service orientation with ability to resolve current needs as well as institute new processes to provide long term solutions
• Proven experience working with multiple teams delivering on client projects within project plan parameters
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
• Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), and ability to learn new technologies and recommend new technology solutions
• Associates or Bachelor’s level degree strongly preferred; HS Diploma required.
• State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
EOE, including disability/vets