Willis Towers Watson
Associate Broker - Power Generation & Renewable Energy
Posted on Jun 4 New York, NY 182 views
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
- Develop a knowledge of Power Generation & Renewable Energy at WTW; Learn to handle power generation and renewable energy placements that vary in size and complexity. Work as a day-to-day power generation and renewable energy broker on key accounts.
- Request / Attend and participate in regular client meetings.
- Support tasks related to the quoting, binding and servicing of new and renewal accounts
- Gather and Prepare renewal information; including but not limited to, coverage, limits, risk control, loss history, and values
- Participate in marketing strategy and proposal review meetings with Willis team members to correspond with client presentation dates
- Learn how to perform Risk Analytics and run these analytics for clients to help in assessing the client’s risk and insurance needs
- Create and analyze comparisons of carrier quotes to demonstrate value and thoroughness for clients; make recommendations where needed
- Negotiate premiums, coverage enhancements, commissions, and existing coverages with carriers
- Prepare draft proposals and reviews of carrier quotes and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations.
- Provide support to the team on day-to-day servicing of the client, preparation of submissions, binders, endorsements, wording and tender submission
- Assist with client requests for information, coordinating with other departments as necessary
- Help to maintain information in online platform for the client
- Obtain P&C Broker’s license within 2 years of hire
- Provide thorough communication with all Willis team members, carriers, and/or wholesalers throughout the duration of each placement
- Keep informed of changing insurance and risk market conditions.
- Complete business travel for client visits, other Willis office visits, and/or advanced skill trainings on a limited basis
- Work collaboratively with WTW colleagues including those in property broking, natural resources,
- analytics, client service and WTW global brokering teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with other client services teams and Shared Service Centers (e.g. the
- National Accounting Center [NAC], Certificate Issuance Team [Cert Center], Surplus Lines, various
- global and domestic Central Operations groups, etc.) to smoothly and efficiently complete joint
- work/process steps/etc.
- Maintain performance to applicable Client Service and Placement standards and/or metrics
- Understand and comply with Willis Excellence Model Management (WEM) requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years Commercial P&C experience preferred, but entry level applicants will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, negotiation skills and influence skills are critical
- Superior interpersonal skills for working with colleagues and clients in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently, yet actively and appropriately engage the services provided by “extended team members” across the Shared Service Centers and Teams
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and selling skills are a plus
- Technology acumen to adapt to multitude of technology-based systems (Epic, carrier online rating systems, etc.)
- Attention to detail and process orientation
- Time Management and Organizational Skills in the face of changing deadlines and workloads
- Customer service focus
- Problem solving abilities, including critical thinking, research, quantitative skills, creativity
- Basic to Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills to include email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Word skills to include formatting, Tables, Table of Contents, Headers, Footers and Review capabilities
- Excel skill capabilities to include data entry and formatting
- Exposure to Excel formulas and Pivot table creation/manipulation a plus
- Insurance designations such as CPCU and ARM are advantageous
EOE, including disability/vets