Claims Customer Care Specialist - (Remote/Hybrid)
Posted on Jun 5 Northbrook, IL 243 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Start Date: The training classes for this position will begin on July 12th and 26th
Salary: $17.00 an hour
Sign on Bouns: $500.00 after being in role for 90days
Shift Differential: If you work 2nd, 3rd or weekend shifts you have possibility to earn 10-15% more in shift differential.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a Claims Customer Care Specialist and be part of our dynamic team You’ll leverage innovative tools and technology in a collaborative team environment to service our customers.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Takes first notice of loss claims, explains the basic claim process, and provides information of a general nature to customers
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Approves and processes claims payments
- May schedule inspections, send out mitigation vendors or contractors to customer property or set up housing arrangements as needed
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
Total Rewards Package
• Generous paid time off policy
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Tuition assistance
• 401(k) & robust pension
• Wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life
Training: Monday - Friday from 9:00 am – 5:45 pm CST
During your training period, you will be learning from facilitators in a virtual setting
Permanent working hours: To deliver on our “Good Hands Promise” we are available to our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We ask that you are flexible to work within the hours of operation to include weekends and holidays.
Future Workplace: If you are within 50 miles of the below locations, the position is considered Hybrid. As a hybrid employee, you will split your time between your work from home office and an Allstate Office. (Charlotte, NC., Birmingham, AL Hudson, OH, Chandler, AZ) This position is not available to California, Alaska and Hawaii residents.
Standard Technical Requirements:
Technology equipment will be provided (Laptop, headset, dual monitors, etc.)
Access to modem and LAN connection required.
Employees are required to have a stable internet service
Home-based Employees- will be eligible for internet reimbursement. Must maintain or exceed the following speeds: 50 MBPS download and 5 MBPS upload a (internet reimbursement)
re a great Match for this Role if:
- Employees with current work experience outside of Express strongly preferred
- You want to utilize your customer service skills to help restore peoples’ lives’
- You have a strong desire to make a difference through compassionate customer service
- You’re an empathic, upbeat and friendly self-starter who can work independently, as well as, on a team
- You feel comfortable working within the Microsoft Office Suite and would be excited to learn new technology
- You’re organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced call center type environment where you will need to adhere to procedures, agendas, and measurements
- You’re known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) along with one year of customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Learning & growth opportunities
- Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- A culture in which you dress for your day
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
You can view all Allstate benefits @
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.