Data & Business Intelligence Strategic Sourcing Expert (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 7 Northbrook, IL 276 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Strategic Sourcing Expert plays a key role in developing and executing sourcing strategies for high complexity sourcing initiatives in the data & business intelligence category, which includes spend for various types of data used across the company such as motor vehicle reports, credit reports, prior carrier & loss information, investment data and market research. The role will utilize the Procurement lifecycle to enable stakeholders to deliver on their business and category objectives. The role has responsibility for supporting stakeholders with multiple highly complex, business critical and high-risk strategic sourcing initiatives. This role will include coaching colleagues, advising stakeholders and interacting with leadership and executives both internal and external to the company.
- Develops & executes sourcing plans for high complexity sourcing initiatives with a focus on quality, total cost of ownership, delivery, risk, sustainability and diversity
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives, requirements, market benchmarks/trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities
- Leverages support teams internal and external to SPS to drive category initiative implementation and to develop and manage procurement project pipeline and metrics for overseeing performance and risk
- Effectively leads execution of the sourcing strategy for highly complex projects which includes ability to create and utilize appropriate sourcing tools/templates, align business stakeholder needs, identify supply alternatives, effectively communicate with suppliers, and manage and influence cross functional teams and groups
- Monitors internal and external category information to support sourcing plan development, maintenance and oversight
- Establishes, maintains and influences supplier relationships, supplier quality and supplier’s operational issues.
- Negotiates highly complex, critical, and/or high-risk contracts using a formal negotiation approach to achieve strong commercial structures, including a clear understanding of supplier performance expectations.
- Measures and reports savings results achieved through sourcing and negotiation efforts
- Facilitates sourcing activities for assigned categories/subcategories including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing and take appropriate action to address risk and opportunity areas with cross-functional stakeholders and oversight councils.
- In partnership with the supplier management organization, facilitate business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and identify performance issues and manage resolution through on-going process/service delivery improvement.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and expense managers to identify and implement demand management guidelines that govern the use of assigned categories, drive data analysis and internal compliance results, and take timely corrective actions when necessary.
- Execute all facets of the source to pay processes, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for
Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of procurement experience in a complex environment
- Relevant category experience preferred
- Experience working with procurement colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers on a global / international level preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business related field
- Experience using SAP Ariba or similar S2P system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPSM or C.P.M. preferred
- Advanced strategic sourcing, contracting & negotiating
- Experience with proactively formulating strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
- Advanced stakeholder management
- Advanced supplier relationship management
- Advanced skills using SAP Ariba or similar S2P system
- Experience working within a fast paced, highly matrixed, agile environment.
- Collaborative, strategic thinker with experience in persuading others or gaining acceptance of complex ideas to achieve goals and objectives
- Advanced time management and project management skills
- Advanced change management and customer service excellence mindsets
- Advanced analytical capabilities including cost modeling
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.